Action photos – witness to climate change – getting back to 350
Blog Action Day. Action photos – witness to climate change
AWARENESS to ACTION..can we get back to 350?
We’re calling on people around the world to organize an action on October 24 incorporating the number 350 at an iconic place in their community, and then upload a photo of their event to 350.org website.
We’ll collect these images from around the world and, with your help, deliver them to the media and world leaders. Together, we can show our world and it’s decision-makers just how big, beautiful, and unified the climate movement really is.
To help you take part in October 24’s international day of climate action, we are:
- Lifting public awareness on the need for an international climate treaty to reach 350
- Assembling a coalition of hundreds of organizations committed to this vision of a more sustainable world
- Connecting you with others in your community and across the planet who are building this movement
- Providing on-line resources and tools that make pulling together an event easy
- Linking your October 24 event with hundreds of other actions at iconic places around the world
- Leveraging the day of action for meaningful political change
350.org is an open-source campaign: it’s your ideas, input, and energy that will make October 24 and this movement for change a success. Have something to contribute? Contact Us.
After viewing the vids…and if you are interested check out if there are any activities/events going on in your area take some photos and upload them.
On October 24th, the 350.org website will have a dramatic change-over, and will be used to collect and display photos from around the world. On October 24th, just visit 350.org and it will be very clear how to submit photos, videos, and stories from your action via a simple webform.
If you’d like to submit a photo now, just submit them as attachments in an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org — in the subject line, please include the action location (city and country) and in the body please include a description of the photo(s).
Check out climate change and Google Earth